Doctoral Student of Petroleum Engineering
Dept. 4311 1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
Advisor: Mohammad Piri
Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, University of Wyoming, 2019 – Present
M.Sc, Petroleum Engineering, the University of Tulsa, OK, USA.
B.Sc, Petroleum Engineering, KFUPM, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- Modeling conventional and tight gas-condensate reservoirs.
- Predicting performance of gas-condensate reservoirs.
- Multi-phase flow in conventional and tight gas-condensate reservoirs.
- Reservoir characterization, description and geo-mechanics.
- Performing experimental investigation of liquid drop-out in tight gas-condensate reservoirs.
- Effects of confinement on phase behavior and its Implications on multi-phase relative permeability curves.
- Enhanced oil and gas recovery for unconventional reservoirs.
- Studying vertical versus horizontal permeability for unconventional reservoirs.
Al-Shawaf, A. M. S., Kelkar, M. G., & Sharifi, M. (2012, January 1). New Method to Predict Performance of Gas Condensate Wells. Society of Petroleum Engineers. doi:10.2118/161933-MS
Al-Shawaf, A. M. S., Kelkar, M., & Sharifi, M. (2014, May 1). A New Method To Predict the Performance of Gas-Condensate Reservoirs. Society of Petroleum Engineers. doi:10.2118/161933-PA
Althaus, S. M., Chen, J.-H., Zhang, J., Almalki, F., Sun, Q., & Al-Shawaf, A. M. S. (2017, July 24). Permeability Estimation of a Middle-East Tight Gas Sand With NMR Data. Unconventional Resources Technology Conference. doi:10.15530/URTEC-2017-2669857
Balan, H. O., Gupta, A., Georgi, D. T., & Al-Shawaf, A. M. S. (2016, August 1). Optimization of Well and Hydraulic Fracture Spacing for Tight/Shale Gas Reservoirs. Unconventional Resources Technology Conference. doi:10.15530/URTEC-2016-2435369
Chen, J.-H., Althaus, S. M., Delshad, M., Zhang, J., Almalki, F., Sun, Q., & Al-Shawaf, A. M. S. (2017, June 17). Optimization of NMR Permeability Transform and Application to Middle East Tight Sands. Society of Petrophysicists and Well-Log Analysts.
Zbitowsky, R., Nunez Garcia, W., Al-Shawaf, A. M. S., Al-Hussain, H. M., & Bill, B. (2008, January 1). Pressure Transient Analysis Data Collected by the Use of a Retrievable Gauge Hanger in Saudi Arabian Gas Wells. Society of Petroleum Engineers. doi:10.2118/113589-MS
Al-Shawaf, A. M. S., Al-Momen, M., Issaka, M. B., Filipi, I., & Lewis, C. (2016, November 7). PTA and Well Performance Assessment of Dry and Liquid Rich Gas in Unconventional Tight Sands: A Middle East Case Study. Society of Petroleum Engineers. doi:10.2118/183163-MS
Moriwawon, B., Al-Turki, A., Al-Shawaf, A. M. S., & Radhey, B. (2015, June 4). A Methodology for Identifying and Quantifying Uncertainties (Seismic to First Phase Field Development) in Reservoir Simulation: Case Study of Two Fields in Saudi Arabia. Society of Petroleum Engineers. doi:10.2118/178008-MS