Doctoral Student of Petroleum Engineering
China University of Petroleum at Beijing (CUP) 2007 – 2011.
Bachelor of Engineering (with honors), Engineering of Oil & Gas Storage and Transportation.
PROFESSIONAL & RESEARCH EXPERIENCE:
Research Assistant, Piri Research Group, University of Wyoming 2016-Current.
Research Engineer, Petroleum Engineering Technology Research Institute(PETRI) of Sinopec Eastern China Branch 2011 –2016.
Design of gathering-processing system for the first Coalbed Methane (CBM) field of SINOPEC.
- Reduced 25% investment by optimizing “bi-stage booster station” arrangement system.
- Determined the position of gathering station and gas processing plant by modeling of gathering radius et al.
Planning of the first shale gas gathering pipeline for Sinopec in Pengshui.
- Designed the pipeline based on shale gas producing property and field topography.
- Resolved the excessive water issues in the compressed natural gas (CNG) station by designing bi-stage water-gas separation system.
Study on oil gathering system efficiency enhancement techniques.
- Tested the phase-transition point of oil-water emulsion, optimizing gathering, and processing system to overcome multi-phase flow issue.
- Raised solutions that improved efficiency by 18.2%.
Research Undergraduate, Liang Research Lab, CUP 2010-2011.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
First Prize in Research Project Assessment of PETRI, 2015.
Second Prize in Paper Seminar of PETRI, 2014.
Excellent Employee of PETRI, 2013.
Outstanding Volunteer at SINOPEC East China Branch, 2012.
Outstanding Undergraduate of Beijing, 2011.
Excellent Graduation Thesis at CUP, 2011.
Excellent Volunteer for Beijing Olympics, 2008.
China National Scholarship (top 1%), 2008.
Nanoparticle behavior with solid/liquid interface.
Molecular dynamics and flow in porous media.
Petroleum processing and pipeline systems.
T. Wan and B. Zhang, Protection methods on gathering pipeline in collapsed loess area (in Chinese), Reservoir Evaluation and Development, Accepted.
B. Zhang, Saturated Water Condensation Process and Corresponding Collecting Methods (in Chinese), the Second Oil & Gas Field Surface Engineering Conference, Yinchuan, China, (June, 2015).
B. Zhang, K. Ren and L. Meng, Current situation and study on CBM transportation Methods in China (in Chinese), China Coalbed Methane, 11(2):37-40 (2014)