Project and Lab Manager
Dep. 4311 1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, Dec 2017
M.S., Chemical Engineering (Petrochemical Technology), Chulalongkorn University, Thailand, May 2013
- Academic Partnership with Case Western Reserve University, The University of Michigan, The University of Oklahoma, U.S.A. and Institut Français du Pétrole (IFP) School, France
B.Eng., Chemical Engineering, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang (KMITL), Thailand, Mar 2011
Research Interests and Area of Specialization:
- Characterization of complex hydrocarbon systems
- Aggregation, deposition, and precipitation mechanisms of complex hydrocarbon systems
- Surface Chemistry
- Unconventional reservoirs
Current Research Project:
- Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) (chemical and surfactant flooding)
- Core characterization and analysis
- Macro-, Micro-, and Nano-Computed Tomography imaging techniques
Investigate and understand the phase behavior, and the aggregation, deposition, and precipitation mechanisms of complex hydrocarbon systems
Research Assistant, University of Utah, August 2013 – August 2017
Research Assistant, University of Michigan, April 2012 – April 2013
Research Engineer, Polymer Processing & Advanced Cleaning Technology Laboratory, June 2010 – March 2011
Lab Safety Manager, University of Utah, August 2013 – August 2017
Engineering Intern, PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited, Thailand, Summer 2010
Chaisoontornyotin, W., Haji-Akbari, N., Fogler, H. S., Hoepfner, M. P., Combined Asphaltene Aggregation and Deposition Investigation, Energy and Fuels, 30(3): 1979–1986 (2016).
Chaisoontornyotin, W., Bingham, A., Hoepfner, M. P., Reversibility of Asphaltene Precipitation using Temperature-induced Aggregation, Energy and Fuels, 31(4): 3392–3398(2017).
Chaisoontornyotin, W., Ng, S., Hoepfner, M. P., Kinetic Precipitation of Asphaltenes with the Presence of Inorganic-Solids, Manuscript in preparation.
Yang, Y., Chaisoontornyotin, W., Hoepfner, M. P., Small-Angle Scattering Investigation of the Fractal Structure of Petroleum Asphaltenes, Manuscript in preparation.