Postdoctoral Research Associate
Advisor: Dr. Mohammad Piri
Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, University of Wyoming Laramie, WY, US, 07/ 2015 – 2020
M.S., Petroleum Engineering, School of Petroleum Engineering, China University of Petroleum (East China) Shandong, P.R. China, 09/2012 – 06/2015.
B.S., Petroleum Engineering, School of Petroleum Engineering, China University of Petroleum (East China) Shandong, P.R. China, 09/2008 – 06/2012.
Zhang, P., Wang, Y., Yang, Y., Chen, W., and Bai, S., Effective Viscosity in Porous Media and Applicable Limitations for Polymer Flooding of an Associative Polymer, Oil & Gas Science and Technology–Revue d’IFP Energies Nouvelles, (2013).
Zhang P, Huang W, Jia Z, et al. Synthesis and application of a pH-triggered microgel in reservoir mobility-control[J]. International Journal of Oil, Gas and Coal Technology, 9(2): 180-191 (2015).
He H, Wang Y, Zhang J, et al. Comparison of Gelation Behavior and Morphology of Resorcinol–Hexamethylenetetramine–HPAM Gel in Bulk and Porous Media[J]. Transport in Porous Media, 109(2): 377-392 (2015).
Shi S, Wang Y, Bai S, et al. Pore-Scale Studies on the Stability of Microfoam and the Effect of Parameters on Its Bubble Size[J]. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 37(7): 1019 – 1026 (2015).
You Q, Zhang P, Bai S, et al. Supramolecular linear polymer formed by host–guest interactions of β-cyclodextrin dimers and polyacrylamide end-capped with adamantane[J]. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 484: 130-135 (2015).
Project I: Study on the transport of high temperature and high salinity tolerant polymers in porous media and their EOR abilities, 11/2013 – 05/2015
- Using starch-cadmium iodide method to evaluate the retention and adsorption properties of polymers.
- Mastered Microsoft software packages and Surfer to process large quantity of data.
- Designed a 3D heterogeneous physical model to investigate the distribution of polymer solution after injection.
- Using Brookfield viscometer DV II+PRO and Anton Parr MCR302 rheometer to investigate the viscosity of polymer solutions.
Project II: Effective viscosity in porous media and applicable limitations for polymer flooding of an associative polymer, 03/2012 – 06/2012.
- Investigated the EOR abilities of various kinds of polymers under both heterogeneous and homogeneous conditions.
- Designed a VB program giving vocal instructions on what to do next, largely reduced the time measuring the concentration of polymer solution effluent samples.
- Investigated the dynamic retention properties of various kinds of polymers.
Project Ⅲ: A Halliburton project, 09/2015 – Present.
- Been doing work on IFT and CA measurements.